Thursday, July 21, 2011
Week 4- Reflection
My process of writing has not only evolved through writing our papers, but my view on writing has changed as well. Writing the past two papers has actually made me enjoy writing more than I have in the past. Mr. Haney's acceptances such as allowing contractions, the usage of the word "you", and many other things, has allowed me to expand my creativity and own way of writing. I think allowing these things lets you get to know the narrator/writer a lot better. I was never a fan of prewriting and I still am not. That is the one thing that has not changed. Personally, just starting to write your paper with the ideas on your mind at the time works best for me. If I ever pre-write, I always change whatever I start with and feel an obligation to try to stick to my prewriting. I feel writing whatever it is you write as it comes to mind develops the most creative papers. However, although this has not changed, my editing and revision skills have greatly improved. Reading the readings in the handbook have taught me valuable lessons in revising as well as having the practice to revise papers in conferences. I have learned not to edit, but compliment and criticize a section or the paper as a whole and tell how to improve the paper. I also now believe that having multiple drafts makes your work a whole lot better than just one or two drafts. I used to think there was never much to change except grammar mistakes, but I now know and feel comfortable deleting whole sections or adding them, and completely changing a draft if needed. I now like having more than one person read my paper and tell me how I can sharpen my ideas and sentence wording. Having multiple eyes can give you fresh views. These blogs as well have improved my creativity. Having to write blogs every day opens your mind to more than just general ideas. It opens a deeper part to think of more specific creativity and to reach beyond what you normally do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you on the last two papers. It has really made me enjoy writing also. Now i can write a six page paper in no time. I also write what ever comes to my mind to make creative papers. It does help tremendously.
ReplyDelete