Thursday, July 28, 2011

Reflection of College

Being in college is a lot like I expected. I knew the challenges of being on my own were going to be different, but I did not think I would enjoy them like I am. I am surprised by how much time I have as a college student. Although you have to study a lot, there is still a lot of free time to what what you have to get done or as you please. I always went to Publix on my own and out to eat so that is not any different. Laundry though on the other hand, I have never done. I knew I would have to once I was here and honestly, it is not hard, but it is annoying. I hate separating my clothes (it takes too long) so I have resorted to putting all my clothes in on cold/cold wash so nothing blends. When it comes to drying, I have to take out my air dry clothes and put the rest in the dryer. I do not feel too stressed with all of this because of the all the time I have, I have a lot of time to get things done and completed. 
Going to bed is actually a lot easier now that I am not at home. When I was at home and had to "go to bed" it would make me want to stay awake. Having no one to tell me to sleep though, I stay up until I know I am tired and need to go to sleep; this is usually by 1 the latest. I do not usually study that late, because I like to get it done with earlier, and I am able to do so with my time schedule.
All of this though has made me greater appreciate my parents for pushing me as they have and helping me to get ready for college. They helped me with my time management and how important it is to study. I definitely miss someone doing my laundry though!

No comments:

Post a Comment