Thursday, July 14, 2011

Grandpa Watcher

Grandpa. The perfect candidate as a "Watcher". Even when he was alive he was my watcher. His quote "Who loves you?" always inspired/s me to create a polished paper. Knowing how proud he always was of me for all my accomplishments and still is, (he passed last summer), my constant memory of that question drives me to create something superlative. I know up above in his luxurious, yet simple home made of the fluffiest, cotton white clouds, he reads my writings and guides me through them. My watcher can motivate me to sit and ponder creative ideas and angles at which to write.Once I reach about 4 or 5 pages of my writing... I stop. I think Grandpa needs a breathe. His ambition and motivation always kicks back though and my writer's block is instantly turned aside. My watcher does not let this block happen for too long, knowing how impelled I am to continue my paper. My Grandpa/watcher never lets me down.

2 comments:

  1. I liked how you used a real person as your watcher instead of a fictional one. Also,I liked how your watcher is someone who helps you, not someone who is holding you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how, instead of describing your watcher as an evil creature, you used someone you knew and loved. your watcher was more of an inspiration rather than someone that distracts you from your writing and causes you to lose courage in your writing.

    ReplyDelete