Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Being Digital

I have invested much of my time and self into online communities. Of course, the first social network everyone was a part of, Myspace. I spent the majority of my time decorating and updating my page as well as talking to friends. Then, Facebook. Facebook is now the biggest social network and well, what was incorporated throughout my everyday life. I realized any one I talked to on Facebook, I could also just call or text. It always causes a lot of problems; so, with these realizations in mind, I recently deleted my Facebook.

I do not pay any bills online, but I do sometimes shop online.  I do not do it to an excessive extent because you don't always get what you expected.


Deleting my social networks I had, has caused me to use my digital self less than I used to be. I no longer have to log on to services to talk to friends, but my digital self is still in use when using my cellphone of course.
 My physical self is more sufficient when it comes to talking to people in person and expressing emotions; the digital self is just a way to communicate by what is on your mind through typing on a keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment